Sunday, July 26, 2009

Battle At Kruger

Battle At Kruger is the title of a short, eight minute clip that gained massive popularity through viral video, YouTube, extensive media coverage and was just turned into a National Geographic Channel documentary. It captures amateur footage of one of the most jaw-dropping displays of wildlife I’ve ever witnessed. Shot on a safari in Kruger Park, South Africa, what it lacks in audio-video quality it definitely makes up for in fascinating content.

I won’t give too much away but I’ll just say it involves a pride of lions, a herd of water buffalo and some crocodiles all co-mingling (to put it mildly) in the same small area and putting to the ultimate test the “survival of the fittest” philosophy. If you're squeamish about seeing animals in pain (as I am) then I still encourage you to keep watching until the end of the video.